On Thursday more than 800 people will be gathering for the 2011 Children Desiring God Conference in Bloomington. I think nearly 100 are coming from outside the United States!
Please be in prayer for this conference. We know the enemy of our faith hates the theme of this conference, Holding Fast to the Word of Truth, hates the leaders who are coming, and hates the idea of the next generation learning about the sovereignty of God in all things through the Word.
Yet, it is precisely because it is based on the Word that I have hope it will have lasting impact! And when leaders (and families) soak in these truths, they are better equipped to deal positively and proactively with families dealing with disability. So, this isn’t a small thing for us!
The CDG team sent this list of prayer requests for the conference. Will you join me in praying?
- Our Plenary Speakers (John Piper, Russell Moore, Kempton Turner, and David Michael) and 26 Seminar Leaders—that their messages will overflow from God’s work in their hearts, bringing honor to Him through His word of truth. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.—Psalm 19:14
- CDG Team (David, Sally, Jill, Brian, Rachel, Jim, Beth, Sarah, and Karen)—for the Lord’s wisdom and guidance as we prepare, trusting that God can do anything and will provide for all of our needs. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.—2 Corinthians 12:9
- Our Team of 150+ Volunteers—that the Lord will provide all that they need to serve well in the strength that that He provides. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.— 2 Corinthians 9:8
- Staff at the Conference hotel and transportation providers—that we can work well together, giving honor to the Lord in all of our interactions before, during, and after the event so that they will be drawn to Him. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.—Matthew 5:16
- Our Attendees—for those coming from around the U.S. and from other countries. And pray that all of our attendees will be encouraged and equipped to return to their churches and homes to bear kingdom fruit in the hearts of the next generations. For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.–2 Corinthians 4:15