We have some new folks following this blog and I thought it might be helpful to highlight a few resources.
My friend, work colleague and BCS seminary student Bryan DeWire gathered this list of resources for the seminary students David and I spoke to this past Monday. Thank you, Bryan, for compiling it!
- 2005 Children Desiring God National Conference Audio – One Generation Shall Tell Your Works to Another (John’s portion begins about 20 minutes into the message if you download it on iTunes)
- Real Freedom in Jesus – A DG blog post John wrote to his son Paul on July 4, 2008 to celebrate Paul’s 13th birthday.
- Is God Sovereign Over Human Disability? – A DG blog post John wrote relating Psalm 139 to disability.
- Our Son is a Gift – A short video on the DG blog of John and his wife Dianne talking about their multiply disabled son as a precious gift from God (see also a slightly longer version of this video where Dianne talks about life with cancer).
- Helpful Things: Pastors Who Love Their People – A blog post by John including a letter Pastor John wrote to him and Dianne entitled “Words of Hope for a Baby Born Blind.”
- A Young Man’s Testimony to Suffering and the Sovereignty of God – Bethlehem College student Joe Eaton (who has spina bifida) writes about his trust in God’s plan even in his disabled condition.
- Born Blind for the Glory of God – A sermon on John 9 by Pastor John which addresses abortion and disability.
- John Piper’s “Best Answer to Suffering” – Just the Way I Am