This was a great article and video on an emerging technology that allows people with paralysis to walk! I’ve started the video below at the point where a man who has been paralyzed for 20 years due to an accident demonstrates this technology by walking independently:
1. I’m really glad there are people working on things like this! Who knows how many people will be helped in the future?
2. If you watch the entire 16 minutes, you will hear it described as amazing, incredible, wondrous and miraculous. In the barrage of information coming at us, it is nice to see that even secular news outlets can be (or at least act) amazed about something.
3. It increases the wonder I feel at the miracles of Jesus! This technology is great, but it took years of study, experimentation and production before it came to reality and is still limited in what it can do. Here’s how Jesus helped people:
• Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked. Now that day was the Sabbath. (John 5:8-9 ESV)
• “I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.” And he rose and immediately picked up his bed and went out before them all. . . (Mark 2:11-12 ESV)
Jesus needed no technology, the paralysis was gone, and it happened immediately. Now that’s miraculous!
4. Most of us won’t experience that complete physical healing in this age, so the common grace of new technology is really helpful and also brings glory to God. But someday, Jesus is going to do something permanent and glorious about every hurt:
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Revelation 21:3-5 ESV)
Read Full Post »